Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Ok sooooo I'm new to this whole thing obviously. I know people sometimes do Wordless Wednesdays or Confession Fridays...which I may do every now and then. But I realized today that Thursdays tend to be days where I just want to complain...and complain and complain and complain. Ask my husband. He thankfully puts up with me even though the complaining gets pretty old. So I decided to make a list of things I'm thankful for every Thursday and hopefully it will help cure my cranky complaining behavior. I'll also try not to duplicate...so this could get pretty tricky. So here goes nothing.


I'm thankful for God's grace. And love. And everything else. I realize more and more every day how unworthy I am and how absolutely amazing He is.  It's great.


I'm thankful for the roof over my head. I know I always seem to find something to complain about no matter where we live. Not cool. We have this AWESOME new apartment but I was clearly expecting it to be perfection. Clearly, it's still an apartment. It's loud at times. Things aren't perfect. But I have a home to go to at the end of the day. A nice home. With a dishwasher (score!) and a washer and dryer (double score!) and heat and air conditioning and running water. How many people in the world don't even have running water?! I feel like a jerk for ever complaining about what I have that so many people don't.


I'm thankful for my husband...but I feel like I'm going to want to use that one a lot so I'm going to get more specific.  I'm thankful that my husband is such a hard worker! He perseveres no matter how discouraging or hard his job gets and he makes it very easy on me in many aspects.  I don't have to have a very intense job with lots of hours. I can spend most of my time focusing on school. He also does SO much around the apartment. Ok so he does leave his clothes on the floor and his dishes everywhere (there was a cereal bowl in the bathroom this morning.....?) but he does so much of the cleaning and dishes and laundry and he's wonderful!


I'm thankful for warm sunny spring days :) Like today. Beautiful and amazing weather. I love it.


Last but definitely not least, I'm thankful for this girl!

Even if she does sweat an abnormal amount :) How can you not be thankful for this girl?! Look how cute she is! Annnnd it's her birthday! So I'm thankful she was born 21 years ago and that we somehow ended up at the same college and realized we were soul mates ;) Happy birthday Hannah Everly! I love you :)


So what are you guys thankful for!?

4 comments:

cavmary said...

I'm thankful for you :-)

Katie said...

Ah thanks Momma :) You guys will definitely show up on another Thankful Thursday...I have to save some up! And it doesn't have you listed under my followers so I'm not sure if that actually worked :/

pam nelson said...

I too am thankful for you.

Katie said...

Aw thanks Pam...your family will also show up in a later post :)