Thursday, January 24, 2013

29 Weeks

Let's see...since last week we went on our babymoon! It was just the vacation we needed. Bought an adorable Vera Bradley diaper bag, did a lot of shopping and hotel resting. Nothing too stressful or jam packed and it was so refreshing. Which was good because at my doctor's appointment yesterday, I got some not so great news. I had to do the 3 hour glucose test and my 1 hour and 2 hour blood sugars were high so they've diagnosed me with gestational diabetes.  By the old standards, my 2 hour blood sugar would have been normal but they recently lowered it from under 165 to under 110 so I didn't pass. I know it happens to a lot of women, especially with the numbers being changed, but I somehow feel like I failed. I didn't eat the healthiest and I always felt a little guilty about it. Guess now I have a reason to be very intentional about what I eat. I'm sure going to miss ice cream though :( Right now, my prayer is that I can keep it under control with changing my diet and that it doesn't affect me after I give birth.

So from here I have weekly doctor appointments. I have to test my blood sugar twice a day every day and bring in my numbers every week. I'm also doing a non-stress test every week from now until I give birth. If I could just humbly ask anyone reading this to pray that I can control the diabetes with my diet, that it will go away once I give birth, that Adelyn won't be hurt or affected in any way by it, and that these weekly tests go well, I would so appreciate the prayers!

On to the fun updates!

This is as artsy as I get people...instagram.

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 29 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +18 pounds total

Maternity Clothes: Most definitely.

Best Moment this Week: Babymoon :)

Gender: Baby girl <3

Movement: Pretty good. I did a kick count the other day and felt 10 movements in less than 8 minutes so she was definitely moving.

Food Cravings: Everything I can no longer have...haha.

Food aversions: Nothing new.

Symptoms/Changes: Obviously the diabetes. I also got my first leg cramp this morning. I had just woken up and went to stretch my leg and it hurt SO bad...especially since I was half asleep and that was a rude awakening. It went away quickly, though!

Sleep: Still tossing and turning. Some mornings I randomly wake up at 4am and will be up for at least an hour. I'll usually fall asleep just in time for Jake to get up and get ready. Thankful that I do not have a job that I have to be at so I can usually go back to sleep and get some rest. Just wish I could get on the same sleep schedule as everyone else.

What I am looking forward to: April 11th. Now more than ever I just want her to be here so I can be done with being pregnant. Although as I was typing that, she started moving and I could see my stomach moving...I will miss that.


2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Hey Katie,

If it helps at all, I have a friend with five kids who has had gest. diabetes with all of them and they are all just fine. Hang in there...it sounds like you have had a tough pregnancy but it will all be worth it in the end. Praying for your little one right now. Are you guys coming to trailhead still?...if so maybe ill see you this week :)

Ann-Marie

Adrien said...

You are doing great with your weight gain! And don't beat yourself up over the diabetes. I seriously don't know how I didn't have it, because I also ate tons of JUNK when I was pregnant. Basically I ate anything in sight, haha. April will get here before you know it!