Friday, January 18, 2013

28 Weeks

Sorry for skipping out on last week...it's been really crazy around here. Jake started his new job last week, I pulled a muscle by my ribs from coughing so much (it still hurts), a friend of ours had her baby and she had a lot of health issues (she still has to make a lot of progress but she's doing SO much better), I found out my glucose tolerance test came back high so I had to have the 3 hour fasting test done, my doctor's office tried to tell me they didn't take my insurance anymore because they were bought out even though when we asked them back in October they said nothing would change (Jake got that taken care of :) ), and at my appt on Wednesday my stomach was measuring small so I had to get another ultrasound yesterday. Whew. It's been a busy 2 weeks.

I don't have the glucose test results yet or really anything from the ultrasound other than what the tech could tell us. She said Adelyn's measurements were 3 days shy of her due date which is fine and the amniotic fluid is good as well. Adelyn is still a little girl (I'm extremely paranoid I'm going to have all these pink and purple clothes and then have a boy). And Jake and I are going on a babymoon this weekend so I'm just trying to relax. I have an appt with the doctor next Wednesday to go over all the results so until then I'm just gonna pray and assume everything is ok :)

No bump pictures today but I do have ultrasound pics!


She was laying across my abdomen with her head on my right side and curled on top of herself.  Those are her feet in her face.


She was being camera shy but we got a partial face shot. That's either her hand or her foot blocking the left side of her face...technically her right side I guess. I can just make out her little closed eye and her little nose. So precious :)

Pregnancy Highlights

How far along: 28 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +16 pounds total

Maternity Clothes: Yep.

Best Moment this Week: Getting to see our little girl again :) Even if I was pretty nervous going in there.

Gender: Little girl :) 

Movement: Some days she never stops and other days I only feel her a little in the morning and a few times throughout the day. It's less kicks and hits now and more feeling her squirm and move all over. Such a weird feeling. I realized I'm going to miss it once she's here.

Food Cravings: Depends on the day. Some things just don't sound good and others do.

Food aversions: Nothing new.

Symptoms/Changes: My feet/legs fall asleep pretty regularly. Multiple times a week. I have to be really intentional about not sitting cross legged or with my feet under my legs or butt because they instantly fall asleep. It's a really uncomfortable feeling.

Sleep: I roll around a lot...which is a lot harder to do when you're pregnant, can't really use your left arm because your muscles in your side are in so much pain, and are sleeping with a body pillow. It takes me a good 30 seconds to roll over in bed.

What I am looking forward to: BABYMOON! It's going to be so good to get some us time away from everything else.


1 comment:

Sara Cate said...

Have a wonderful getaway!