Monday, January 23, 2012

Day C - Credit a Friend

So I'm really bad at doing this ABC blogger thing every day...more like once a week. And since I know none of you really want to hear about my boring weekend consisting of work and homework, I'll just get to it.

I've thrown around ideas about who to credit but I really liked Adrien's idea of crediting her husband. So I'm dedicating this post to my amazing husband :)

Jake is my very best friend in the whole world. I tell him everything. He's there to laugh with me or hold me when I'm crying. He puts up with my craziness (because I'm pretty crazy) and he's still so in love with me. We've been together for six and a half years and we're so completely different from who we were back then but we've grown so much together. It seems like some couples who have been together for years and years grow apart over time but we've grown closer throughout the years. I understand him so much more than I did even a year ago, let alone six, and I know he knows me better...sometimes I think he knows me better than I know myself.
Our very first homecoming together :) October 2005

He was there for me as a friend through my first and only break-up with a boyfriend. He was there when my family moved from an hour away to 3 miles away from his house. He introduced me to his friends but let me make friends of my own, even though he warned me strongly against some of the friendships I formed. He graduated high school with me. He started college with me. He was there through thick and thin, through friendships that came and went, through tough decisions that had to be made. It's hard not to be best friends with someone who has been there with you through so many changes in life. Besides God and my family, he's been a constant in my life for over six years.

After prom junior year - 2007

So I'm just going to brag on Jake a little bit more :) Here's some really great things about my husband:

- He is SO hard working and dedicated. I'm such a baby when it comes to working and I have to have some free time to relax and not work. He can (and has) work 70 hour weeks on very little sleep and still find time to spend time with me. I don't know how he does it but I really appreciate it!

- He is the financial person in the relationship. His major is finance so it makes sense, right? He pays bills, manages our accounts, and makes sure we're going to have enough money to cover the next month of bills. He's constantly telling me not to worry about money but he will also be honest with me when we have to go without something because we can't afford it. Paying bills would stress me out but he takes care of it and I have never heard him complain about it once. And we've only had a bill be late once or twice in the last year and a half :)

- He is so outgoing. He's such a social person which compliments my personality well.  If it were up to me we'd stay in every night watching netflix. I enjoy people once I'm out and with them but he's my motivation for getting out of the house in the first place. I'm a lot more extroverted than I used to be because he makes me want to be. He pushes me to be more social and outgoing and I'm appreciative of that :)

- He is very considerate of other's feelings. I'm the one involved in human environmental studies and I've taken way more classes on relationships and things like that but sometimes I swear he is way more sensitive to other people and their feelings than I am. He can be really sweet when he wants to be :)

- He strives to be a godly man and leader of our little family. I know one day he'll make an amazing, godly father to our children. He may not do it perfectly all the time but it's something he really strives for and I respect him so much for that!

- He's just so great! Haha...of course he does things (leaving clothes everywhere, never putting his dishes in the dishwasher, etc.) that drive me absolutely insane. And our relationship is NOT perfect and I don't want to give any impression that it is. We're both human. We have had many ups and downs in our relationship. But I could not ask for a better person to spend my life with. I get excited when I think about all the things we still have to look forward to in our relationship and there's no one I'd rather do those things with :)


Playing DDR in our own way :)

Graduation :)

Engagement pictures!


Love him!

So there you have it. I'm sure you're all puking right now ;) I hope everyone is blessed enough to marry their best friend :)

1 comment:

Adrien said...

Love it! You guys are so teeny tiny in those early pictures. :D Yep, it's great to be married to your best friend.