Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Let's see...Friday I had class, my last tutoring session EVER, and more class. Then Jake left to go to his parents to work for the weekend and I just kind of hung out until Cindy and Kristen got here :) We got some good talking time in before bed.


Saturday was Hannah's shower day! I spent the morning making punch and after Laura got here we made taco dip and had our first cupcake icing experience.

I would say we did a pretty good job. I did the strawberry and Laura did the chocolate.

Then we finished up getting her recipe box and everything ready.  Got to Lisa's to set up for the party. It was so much fun :) It was a great group of people and it was the perfect size.  She got some good presents...even if some of them were prettyyyy risqué ;) Then we got to take some pictures!

 Love these girls!

After that we came back to the apartment and had girls night :) We made pizzas and mac and cheese and our own little chocolate covered strawberries.  Brilliant idea on Cindy's part.  We bought magic shell and put the strawberries in the freezer so they would cool down quickly.  Then we dipped the cold strawberries in the magic shell and had instant chocolate covered strawberries! We also had some pretty good pineapple.  Of course we had to watch a chick flick and The Proposal won. I stayed up wayyyyy too late talking to Candice and Cindy but it was a good night with some good talks and lots of fun with good friends!

Sunday was Mother's Day...but I'm really hoping you all knew that already.  Dan's sermon in church was SUPER convicting. I had a lot of emotions and thoughts running through my head so studying for finals was not too successful that afternoon.  Then my Mom and Bekah came and we went out to Olive Garden to eat. It was delish...thanks Mom! We should have gotten a picture together while you were both here! We came back and chatted at the apartment for a little bit and a few hours after they left Jake came home. We were in bed by like 8:30 just laying there and talking.  It was a good night :)

So overall it was a successful weekend! Did you guys do anything special for Mother's Day?!

No comments: