Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Ohhhh this weekend...sigh. Why do the weekends go by so quickly? Why do they start off like a completely blank slate and then suddenly plans on top of plans on top of plans fill them up? Why is it always the weekends when the babies in the world decide not to sleep? Life's questions...

What did we do this weekend? My sleep deprived brain can't even remember.

Friday - Our parents' church was having their missions conference and one of our friends was speaking at the conference. 
So we trekked the 45 minutes to our hometown. 
Ate pizza. 
Caught up with some friends we haven't seen in awhile. 
It was a good night. A late night.

She's pretty cute...if I do say so myself.

 So good to see Blake and Angie!


Saturday - Jake was on fussy/sick baby duty while I went out to get coffee with Courtney, a friend from church. 
We sat and drank coffee and talked for almost THREE hours...clearly mamas needed some socialization.
After that I suggested that we go out to either lunch or dinner to celebrate Jake's raise! So proud of him and all the hard work he does! 
Since Adelyn was covering everyone in snot every time she sneezed sick, we decided she probably didn't need to go out with us. So we went back to Jake's parent's house and they babysat Adelyn while we went out and got burgers. Jake's choice :)
Then we hung out with my parents for a little bit. Came home. Played with Adelyn. I put her to bed while Jake got us ice cream!
She cried and fussed and coughed and sneezed and eventually fell asleep.
We went up to bed around 10pm. She was waking up crying every 10-15 minutes because she was so stuffed up she couldn't breathe. So I went and sat in her rocking chair in her room and played a lot of Candy Crush and Disney trivia on QuizUp while she slept. It was exhausting but I mostly just felt awful for her. She wouldn't let me put her down without crying because she would instantly get super congested again.
However, she did turn 11 months old! Can't believe it's less than a month until I have a toddler. Where did the time go?!

Such a big girl!

Sunday - Jake got up with Adelyn around 7:30...which meant I could go to sleep! Yay!
I slept on and off from about 8 to noon.
 I hate sleeping that late into the day because half the day is gone already but I didn't have a choice after getting no sleep the night before.
Jake took care of Adelyn (and me) for the day. We watched Catching Fire while she took a nap. 
Then it was a night of laundry and cleaning up the house.
We were in bed a little after 9 and asleep by 10! 
PTL she actually slept last night....even if she woke me up with her coughing on more than one occasion.

A good weekend overall! Low-key but not too boring :)
And now either my sinuses are swelling my throat, I'm getting what Adelyn has, or I'm starting to get strep. My throat is hurting something fierce right now. So once Adelyn finally decides to take this nap (pretty please, baby!) it's nap time for mama, too.


No comments: