Monday, June 10, 2013

2 months

Baby girl is 2 months old, as of Saturday! I can't believe how quickly she's growing!


She was getting sleepy so this was the best smile we could get. Still a cutie :)

Adelyn,
You are chunking up, girlfriend! I boxed up all your newborn clothes last week and you are quickly filling out the 0-3 month clothes. Some of the sleepers don't even fit because your legs are so long. Slow down baby!

We went for a little drive today while you were napping and checked out the schools you'll be going to :) It made me happy and kind of sad at the same time. I know it won't be long before I'm driving you to school on a daily basis and I'll wonder where the time went.

You still LOVE baths...hardly ever cry. You love just hanging out in your diaper, too. Not a fan of clothes. 

You don't nap well in your crib but you do great in your car seat...so guess where you nap multiple times a day? Momma has to get stuff done and it's impossible when you start crying every 10 minutes in your crib.

Speaking of crying, your cries are pitiful and break everyone's heart. Seriously. Yesterday, Trip jumped on the couch while I was feeding you and scared you and you were inconsolable for about a minute and it felt like an eternity. I was just about in tears. I'm not looking forward to your 2 month appointment next Monday and all the shots :(

You're sleeping like a champ at night...most nights. Last night was ideal. You fell asleep at 9pm within minutes of being put in your crib. You woke up to eat around 4am and were back asleep by 5 and then up again at 8. Most nights you're a booger to put down but you sleep for pretty long stretches.

You're smiling ALL the time. You love sitting up and talking to us. You're cooing more and more every day and sometimes you even seem to scare yourself with how loud you can be. You also laugh in your sleep sometimes which is the cutest thing ever.

You love your activity gym. You just lay there and swing your arms and kick your legs non-stop and talk to the toys and your reflection in the mirror. It's adorable. I feel a little rejected though because you don't want to look at me or talk to me when you're playing with it.

You follow Daddy and I with your eyes a lot and when people leave the room you follow them, too. When we talk to you, you usually turn your head. It's so exciting to finally be able to get and keep your attention :)

You're such a precious blessing in our lives baby. It's so rewarding and fun to watch you grow and learn every day.

We love you!

No comments: