Tuesday, June 18, 2013

2 Month Check Up

Yesterday was Adelyn's 2 month doctor appointment. I knew she's grown SO much but it didn't really hit me until they weighed and measured her. She weighs 10 pounds and 13 ounces and is 22 1/4 inches long. She was in the 25th percentile for height and weight at birth and now she's in the 50th percentile. That explains why it took forever for her to grow out of newborn clothes but now she's almost outgrown most of her 0-3 month clothes already! She did such an amazing job. She smiled at the doctor throughout the entire examination. At every doctor's appointment we've gone to, she's never cried or fussed once when they look at her eyes, ears, nose, and throat. She was SUCH a good baby and I couldn't have been more proud of her.

Then came the shots :( She cried but only for about a minute (I say only but it felt like FOREVER) and then I was able to get her in her car seat and she slept the whole way home. She woke up and was her usual happy self until it was nap time and she could NOT get comfortable. She naps in her car seat right now because she won't sleep in her crib during the day and she just fussed and fussed which eventually turned into crying and screaming and she would only calm down if I was holding her and walking around. I tried giving her a warm bath but that just made her more angry. I looked in the medicine cabinet and we only had infant advil, not tylenol, and Jake wasn't going to be home for another hour and there was no way I could take her out to the store. So I found the most comfortable position I could for her....

She still whimpered now and then but her legs weren't touching anything in this position so she finally slept

Finally, Jake got home and all I can say is THANK GOD for infant tylenol. She finally was in a better mood and went to sleep around 8:30 last night and slept until 5 this morning. I doubt anyone really cares to hear about all of this but I want to remember as much as I can about her first months of life and that includes the pain and hard times. And as much as my heart was breaking for her, part of me felt good that I could comfort her enough to get her to sleep. I know I can't protect her perfectly and she will get hurt again...heck, we have another doctor's appointment in 2 months :/ But I know that I will do everything in my power to ease her pain when she is hurt. I know right now it's just pain from shots that she won't even remember but one day it will be bigger and more painful experiences and I hope and pray that she will still come to me to be comforted.

And that was not at all where I expected the blog post to go :) Just wanted to share how big my baby girl is getting and remember how horrible those shots are for poor little babies :(

Oh also it was Father's Day on Sunday :)

Can we please just focus on how cute these 2 are?

I mean seriously...melt my heart

And how identical they are?

Twins...it's so unfair.

No comments: