So we had our ultrasound yesterday...I was 37 weeks and 4 days and Adelyn was measuring at about 36 weeks and 1 day...give or take 21 days! Yeah...I don't know why they even bother doing those ultrasounds....so she's measuring anywhere from 33-39 weeks. They estimate her weight at 6 pounds and 3 oz give or take a pound...which is a little better. I'm going in next week for another one...I guess probably partially because of the diabetes and partially so they can compare it to the one yesterday and see how they compare rather than using the estimated measurements.
After the appointment we went on some more house hunts. The first house we looked at was SO cheap but for good reason. It was rough rough rough. We're not scared of a project but there are some projects that are just too big...especially when we're going to have a newborn.
We had another house we wanted to look at but the owners called the agent and said they were packing to move this week and didn't want anyone looking at it until Monday? I understand the house is probably a mess but if you're moving you probably need to sell it like...now right? Oh well...we had one more house that Jake had just found yesterday morning. It still didn't have pictures online, which means this visual person skips right over those listings. Thankfully, my husband read the description and thought it sounded like a promising house.
It was the first day on the market so that's why there were no pictures online. It was an AMAZING house...I think it's definitely worth more than the family is asking for but they apparently are very motivated to sell and need to move pretty quickly. It's at the top of our price range but it is completely move in ready. The yard is kind of small but we can work with it. It's 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths so we literally would probably never have to move unless we chose to. It's in a great location with great schools. It's close to a busy road so that's obviously a drawback. It definitely has a few negatives but for how nice the house is we can deal with the negatives.
So we put an offer in last night. I felt like I was going to puke. It's such a huge commitment! However, we'll know by 6pm tonight if they accept our offer or not. Crazy to think that we could be home owners a month from now. Also crazy to think that the sellers may have sold their home the first day it was on the market! We've prayed about it a lot and we both feel at peace either way which lets me know we did the right thing. If for some reason they don't accept our offer, we know it wasn't the right home for us and we keep looking. Now it's just playing the waiting game :)
*Edit* I almost didn't post this for fear of "jinxing" our offer...silly, I know. It may seem a little soon to be making it so official that we put an offer on a house...but I want to remember this time no matter how it turns out. No matter where we end up, I've already seen God's hand guiding us through this journey and I want to be able to look back and see just where God led us on the journey to finding our home.