Thursday, April 4, 2013

Contracts and Contractions

We got the call last night...as long as inspections go well we will be home owners on May 30th!  It's still not sinking in to me. Not just home owners of any old home but the home that we went and saw on Tuesday and absolutely fell in love with.  It's going to be ours...now to find some very cheap furniture that looks nice so we don't have a completely empty house...haha.

To follow up on that excitement, I woke up at 2:30 this morning with contractions that were actually keeping me from sleeping, which is something new.  They started right in the middle of my lower back and felt like someone was ripping my back in half.  Nothing even close to how painful I expect labor to be, but definitely NOT the contractions I've been having up to this point.  After an hour of those contractions coming 3ish minutes apart and getting more intense I called labor and delivery who just decided to bust my "we may be having a baby!" bubble.  She basically told me they won't stop labor but until I'm 39 weeks they can't do anything to help it along either so my water has to break on it's own and since I'm wanting to do a natural labor there was really no point in me going in just to be sent back home.  She said I could be in these early stages for 24 hours or more...so who knows when we'll have this baby.  I recently read that only 15% of women actually have their water break when they go into labor so now I'm like uhhh am I just going to be having these uncomfortable contractions for the next week before we can do anything about it!?

So I was up from 2:30 this morning until 7...the contractions eventually lightened up and quit hurting in my back. I went back to sleep until about 10:30....they were still not very strong but within the past half hour they've started hurting in my back again but they aren't quite as strong as they were last night. I know the longer I can keep her cooking, the better for her but I'm already over these contractions.  They either need to go away or turn into something. Plus today would have been my Grandpa's 100th birthday so it would definitely be a special day to give birth :)  Time will tell.  We could possibly get a house and a baby in the same week....and really why would we do it any other way :)

No comments: