Friday, September 2, 2011

Confession Friday

I confess that this week went by quickly and slowly all at the same time...and I feel like it was jam-packed full of stuff but I can't honestly remember a single thing I did. Besides Jake and I going over to Eric and Hannah's apartment to eat ice cream with them :)

I confess that I was happier than I've been in a long time just sitting with my husband, my best friend, and her husband at their apartment eating DQ. Just catching up on life. I love the fact that Hannah and I can catch up and rant while Jake and Eric play words with friends and have absurd conversations broken up by the fact that they're too distracted by the tv to have a fluid conversation. I will never understand how males function. But it makes me so happy to have "couple friends", especially since Jake and Eric are good friends on their own and Hannah and I are like the exact same person and bestest friends on our own :) It's so nice to all be good friends individually and as a couple. This probably makes no sense....I'm rambling.

I confess that I'm working my way through all the music on my itunes alphabetically by artist because I'm OCD and I got to The Spill Canvas the other day and remembered just how much I love that band. I love rediscovering my favorite music.

I confess that I think my husband is the absolute best husband ever and I can't wait to have children with him so he can be the absolute best father to them. He really is the greatest.

I confess this week has been an emotional one.  Boo.  It's so frustrating to wish you could go back and erase something completely from your life but then realize if you did that you wouldn't be where you are now. Gotta take the good with the bad I suppose. And God obviously had a purpose for it all...I just wish things could've turned out this way without all the hurt and complications.

I confess that the baby fever I blogged about a while ago (I think...maybe that's in my imagination) has NOT gone away.  I feel like everywhere I turn someone has kids, just had a baby, or just found out their pregnant. I want it to be my turrrrrrrrn! The Lord is teaching me patience lately...that's for sure.

I confess that I feel like it's the sweetest thing ever when Nigel(our cat) decides to be affectionate. Every day when I walk through the door he's waiting right in front of it so it's hard for me to even get in the door around him. He instantly is purring and just wants to be loved on. He also likes to cuddle up with me under the blankets when the AC turns on...because the air blows out at like 50 degrees and we freeze. He's the most affectionate cat I've ever met and I'm glad he's ours.

I confess that last confession is the reason I need children.  That kind of love for a child is normal...for a cat....it is creepy. Ughhhhhh.

I confess I was an unhappy little lady when the maintenance man for our apartment complex pounded on our door at 7:30 this morning to change the AC filter.  Jake and I were finally getting to sleep in (until 8:30....woohoo!) today and he ruined it. All for a 5 second change....7:30am seems a BIT absurd dude. Thanks for waking us up.  Jake fell back asleep almost instantly and I eventually did around the time his alarm should have been going off.  It never went off so we woke up at 9:05...good thing it was just set so Jake could work out and not for going to class or work or something!

I confess I can't handle this heat.  I have a nice 4-day weekend (score!) and it would be a really good time to go run errands or something but I do NOT want to leave my cool-ish apartment to face the sweltering heat. Yuck.

I confess that I'm way procrastinating on the homework that I need to get done today. I want it out of the way but I know it's at least 2 hours of work that I don't really want to do right now...buhhh.

Any confessions from you guys? Have a great long weekend!

3 comments:

Mary Cavalier said...

Have a good weekend. I still have Hannah and Eric's wedding present - oops! Should have sent that with you.

Adrien said...

I confess that we have a new neighbor and his hot rod car makes our entire house shake every time he starts it up. I'm over him already. Haha.

I confess that Eric just walked in the door two hours early from work, and I'm so excited I feel like a kid!

Katie said...

Mom - I will have to get that from you sometime!

Adrien - I feel you on the neighbor thing...our upstairs neighbor has had kids over the past 3 weekends and it sounds like there's elephants stomping around all weekend long.