Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's been a rough stretch lately and I've been super side-tracked and probably a big old complainer...so it's time for one of these posts to remind me of how good I have it!

I'm thankful for my amazing, hard-working husband.  He is seriously just about the only person who keeps me sane some days.  He is so understanding and compassionate and I don't know how or why I got to be blessed with him as my husband.  All women should wait for a man like him :) I may be just a little biased but he really is the greatest.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:6&7  - I'm so thankful for these verses. It's been a rough few weeks with Jake's new job and things are getting pretty tight around here but the Lord is such a great comforter.  Cast all my anxieties on Him because He cares for me is a phrase that has been running through my head quite a bit lately.  God is the ultimate provider and I know He will provide us with our needs. It's such a blessing to not have to worry about how we're going to pay bills or this or that when money gets tight because He has always come through in the past and He is faithful!

I'm thankful for my classes and the ability to further my education.  One of my classes is spending about 7 hours a week at an adult center for adults with developmental disabilities.  They are honestly some of the sweetest people I've ever met and I'm thankful God has put them in my life. They teach me so much about so many things.  I get several hugs a day with people telling me "I like you!" or "You're my buddy/friend!" or "I like your shirt/hair/rings/etc." It's so amazing. They have so much love to give :)

I'm thankful for having those friends that you know you can talk to about anything and their view of you won't change and they won't go blab it to anyone else.  The older I get, the more I realize what a blessing it is to have just one person like that in your life.  It's such a good feeling to know that no matter what, that person is ALWAYS going to be in your life!

I'm thankful for my family and my in-laws :) They are such a supportive group of people and I know they'll always be there for Jake and I.

I'm also thankful that we have food! Because I'm hungry! Lunch time for me :)

No comments: