Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Well, hello

I don't even know where to begin this post. My last post was from July 2015 shortly after we found out our baby was going to be a boy. And now that little boy is 15 months old and snoozing away in his crib so a LOT has changed since my last post. I'm going to try to do a quick-ish photo recap of our crazy life :)

 The end of my pregnancy looked a lot like this: 









Snuggles snuggles snuggles! This girl knew her days as an only child were numbered.

And then, finally, baby brother joined the world.
The night before Derek was born


Adelyn meeting her baby brother. All the heart eyes.

And then life got crazy. Derek has never been much of a napper. Great night time sleeper. Naps are a fight. Every. Single. Day. And have been from day 1. Adjusting to 2 kids was HARD. I know for some people it's a breeze but it was definitely an adjustment for us. The first few months of Derek's life are a crazy blur of sweetness and sleep deprivation.


Thankfully, even though he doesn't sleep and he's all sorts of crazy, he's the happiest baby to ever grace the face of this earth. 

Over the past 20 months...

Adelyn started her first year of Pre-k

Finished her first year of Pre-k

And started her 2nd year!


We celebrated our super girl turning 3

Took a trip to the beach

And begged time to slow down. Seriously when did she grow up? And where did those long legs come from?

We watched our first born march to the beat of her own drum
Sheriff Callie at Princess Dance Camp

Our handy woman


We celebrated Halloween with Sulley...

...and Cruella and her dalmatian


We spent a first Christmas with our sweet newborn

and we spent the next Christmas decorating our real tree, only to find it infested with spiders...

...so Adelyn got to put the star on the fake tree the next day. Thankfully, she didn't notice the difference.

This little guy turned ONE!

He's a fan of the birthday balloons...

...and the cupcake for breakfast...

....and the smash cake.




Our girl started soccer

and brother was always there to cheer her on!


This handsome guy continued to charm us

And these two continued to melt my heart


So there you have it in a nutshell. And I'm making a pact with myself. I will never let this blog go anywhere close to 20 months without posting ever again. The time goes too quickly. These babies grow too fast. Even if no one else reads this I want the memories for myself and my children (I think Adelyn got her mama's nostalgia). The good times. The not so good times. The milestones. Even if things seem dull around here (will that ever happen again?) I will find something to fill up a post or two here and there. 

So what's on the horizon for our little family? We're a month away from Adelyn's 4th birthday. Derek will be joining Adelyn for one day of school next year. And there are some serious plans in the works for a Disney trip sometime this fall! The original plans were to go next spring but once I started planning, I couldn't wait that long. Adelyn still thinks we're going after she turns 5 so it will be a fun surprise for her to go when she's 4 instead :) So I will definitely be finding some blogging material along the way as we plan our trip!

If you made it through all that...thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Adrien said...

Welcome back!! :)