Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

I love long weekends but they always seem to be even busier than normal weekends!

Jake was in a wedding on Friday so our weekend started on Thursday around 3:30. I picked him up from work and we headed out to the rehearsal. It was an outdoor wedding at a winery and Adelyn and I tried watching the rehearsal but it was way too hot with way too many bugs so we hung out inside the winery instead. One place I never thought I would be with my 2 month old...a winery...haha. We dropped Adelyn off with my parents before the rehearsal dinner and then I spent the night with them while Jake went back home.

Friday morning was pretty chill but Adelyn decided to wake up at 5am and not nap at all. Jake picked us up in the afternoon and Addie and I hung out in the winery again while the wedding party took pictures. She napped on the way there and that was pretty much it for the rest of the night.  We watched the wedding from inside the winery...wish I could have been out there to actually see and hear it....but once again it was way too hot with way too many bugs for the baby.  Jake's family was also at the wedding so they had Addie for most of the reception.  She started getting extremely fussy by 9pm but since Jake was in the wedding party we had to stick around...thankfully there was some open floor space upstairs so we spread out a blanket and she was super content to just lay on the ground and stretch out.  It was the first time we've really seen a limit on how much holding time she can handle. We've learned our lesson for future outings...if she has to be out and around people that much, girlfriend needs some time to kick and stretch.

I suck and only got one picture the whole weekend...at least it's a good one!

Saturday I don't even remember what we did. Adelyn slept straight through from 10pm to 8am...guess that's what happens when you miss all your naps the day before. I seriously can't remember anything from Saturday. Oh, Jake's sister came over and hung out with Adelyn for the afternoon. Jake got a pizza for dinner and I got Taco Bell...pretty low key haha.

Sunday we both turned our alarms off when they went off at 7:15 and fell asleep until Addie woke up after 8...so church didn't happen.  I got some grocery shopping done and we did a few things around the house. Jake grilled some taco burgers on the George Foreman...they were really good! Emeals has definitely been worth it, so far! We've only been spending about 40 bucks a week on groceries, including staples like milk and lunch meat. It's been great!  I couldn't sleep last night so I ended up looking at nursery decorations on Pinterest and Etsy.  Etsy should not have an app. Or I shouldn't have downloaded Etsy's app on my phone. Wayyyy too easy to order things.


This cutie was only 18 bucks. It's going to look amazing on the yellow wall in Adelyn's nursery. So excited!

I also found a DIY baby mobile that doesn't look too terribly complicated...especially if I can get Grandma Mary's help and her crafting supplies :) We also want to try to make a canopy to go over her crib. Jake and his dad are also going to build a bookshelf in her closet and then we've got to get a shelf up and find some closet doors that we like. Then I think her room will be officially finished!

Super excited that this is a holiday week and the hubs will be off Thursday! Love holidays and family time :)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

love your STS dress! so cute!