Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Ahhhh....the weekend. Except I was sick for most of it's almost been more relaxing last night/today than most of the weekend. Let's see though...

Friday - Jake left at like 7am for work and I couldn't fall back asleep.  I don't really remember what I did. I know that around 2ish I left to meet my sister and we drove down to meet my parents at work.  We went out to dinner for Mom's birthday and then went and each got a book (Mom's treat because of all the overtime she's been working). Bekah had to work so I went home with Mom and Dad and spent an hour-ish sorting through a bunch of my books that were in the garage. It was so hard to get rid of some of them...I secretly kept some just because I want to read them with my kids someday. Is that weird? Idk I started feeling pretty yucky that night so I went to bed at like...10:00pm on Friday night...woke up once at midnight and I couldn't breathe through my nose AT ALL. Sick. Woke up again at 7am and was like oh noooo we're sleeping in today. So I finally really woke up at like 10:30am on Saturday. Success.

Saturday...oh goodness. I felt TERRIBLE. Stuffy nose, headache, cough, super sore throat. Gross. So I stayed up in our bedroom at Jake's parent's house almost the whole day watching Giuliana & Bill, The Hills, and reading.  Lazy day but I felt so awful.  At one point Pam (Jake's mom) had brought me a chocolate chip cookie from a grad party they went to...I couldn't taste it....nothing. No taste of chocolate or cookie at all. How terrible!  I eventually drug myself out of bed at like 4:30 (I had gotten up to eat breakfast and shower worries) and went to tell my family bye since both parents had to work on Sunday so I wouldn't see them at church.  Then Hanna (Jake's sister) got off work early so I went to pick her up...I was starting to feel a little better but not great. I got in bed around 10 I think and fell asleep by the time Jake got home at 11. He came in and said he had to go eat and shower but I left the little lamp on for him....apparently fell asleep and did not wake up until I felt the cat walking on me in the early early morning hours.  It scares me how he can come in and get in bed and I don't even wake up. Kinda creepy. Oh well. in the morning.  Went with Nicole (Jake's sister) to pick up her skateboard at Wal-mart....she hardcore like that...bahaha.  Ate lunch. Chilled out and packed everything up. Went to a graduation party and ate some more...not that I needed to.  Finally headed back home!  We walked in the door and were just sitting on the couch and I was just like...this is relaxing isn't it!? It just felt so peaceful. That's the way home should be :)  We just kind of hung out, watched The Big Bang Theory...ate a little bit. There was some minor drama for me and Jake got to hear me vent a little bit but what's done is done.  It is what it is and I'm moving on. The whole situation is still on my mind and I'm just kind of blown away that it actually happened but...what can you do? Not that anyone knows what I'm talking about. Oh well.

Overall, boring weekend. Wish I hadn't been sick...I planned on spending some time at the pool :( Oh well.


Cassie said...

No fun! My daughter has had a cold too. It's like what in the world, who is sick when it's 95 degrees out?!!? Hope you get better soon.
And boo to drama - NO FUN! But unfortuanetly, never ending....:(

Katie said...

Ugh, I know...I wanted to spend those days relaxing at the pool...oh well...there's always next weekend.
And I thought the drama ended when we got out of high school but I'm starting to realize it will sadly never