Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Only Doctor's Appointments I Enjoy

So yesterday was our 3rd baby doctor appointment. I wish they happened more than every 4 weeks. I love going there!  I actually got to have the appointment with my midwife, as well, and not the doctor, which is a great thing. My last appointment was with the doctor and I was just not feeling him. He seemed too busy to even care if I felt comfortable or had any questions or everything...I know it's not his first time doing this but it IS my first time and I'd like to enjoy it.  Anywho, it was a short but amazing appointment.  She likes to get the dads involved so she taught Jake how to use the doppler machine.  We wanted to record the heartbeat on our phones but this was SO much better.  He found the baby almost instantly and he/she had a heart rate of 155 beats per minute! Then we heard this loud pop, which the midwife explained was our little kicker showing that he/she did not appreciate the doppler pressing in on him/her. So precious.  So Jake moved the doppler around some more and found the heartbeat again. It was SO loud and fast. Just amazing.  There aren't words.  We were both so giddy the rest of the day.

However, it's kind of starting to set in that in less than 6 months we're going to have a life that we're responsible for taking care of and raising. Talk about scary. I've never felt so under prepared in my life. Here's hoping those momma instincts kick in.

Next appointment is our ultrasound and we find out if we're having a little boy or girl :) Can't wait!!  We'll also hopefully get an official due date since the first ultrasound put me about a week behind where they thought my due date was.  Sometime in April :)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

it's scary as hell - but the best.job.ever!! i love reading this. best of luck!!